Event Planning Level 2
This qualification will introduce you to the skills that are required to plan, organise and evaluate events by developing their knowledge and understanding. Areas covered include marketing methods and resources, market research, human resources, communication, and customer service relevant to events.
Available throughout England & Scotland: Please note if you live in the West Midlands, Liverpool, or the Greater Manchester area, we can’t currently match you to a funded course.
Digital or Paper-based
8 to 12 Weeks
NCFE / CACHE / TQUK
Unit 1: Planning an event
- Section 1: The extent of the events industry
- Section 2: The scope of the event planner role
- Section 3: Planning an event
- Section 4: Planning for contingencies
- Section 5: The need for health, safety and security measures.
Unit 2: Reviewing and evaluating an event
- Section 1: The importance of review and evaluation
- Section 2: The sources of information available for evaluating an event
- Section 3: The range of tool available for event evaluation
- Section 4: Planning the evaluation of an event.
Unit 3: Marketing and market research for event planning
- Section 1: Understand why market research is important
- Section 2: The methods and resources available for marketing
- Section 3: Planning the marketing of an event.
Unit 4: Planning human resources for events
- Section 1: Understand how an event is managed
- Section 2: Understand the team which contribute to an event
- Section 3: Understand the human resource requirements for an event.
Unit 5: Communication and customer service for events
- Section 1: Understand the importance of communication at events
- Section 2: Understand equality and diversity in relation to events
- Section 3: Understand why customer service is important at an event
- Section 4: Produce guidance on expected standards of customer service for staff use.