Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities Level 2
Although individuals with learning disabilities and their families continue to face many challenges, most commentators would agree that we are living in more enlightened and optimistic times
in terms of our approach to learning disability support. Individuals with learning disabilities are now being offered more personalised services with a greater emphasis on empowerment, active participation and quality of life.
The learning materials for this qualification provide candidates with a thorough understanding of the principles of working with individuals with learning disabilities. Candidates will explore important themes, such as communication, human rights and inclusion, duty of care, advocacy, safeguarding and the importance of positive risk-taking for people with learning disabilities.
Available in England Only
Please note: If you live in West Midlands or Liverpool. We currently do not have funding for your area.
Digital or Paper-based
6 to 12 Weeks
NCFE / CACHE / TQUK
- Gives employees a high standard of learning
- Relevant to a variety of people and settings
- Provides assurance of well-trained employees
- Improves your team’s understanding of learning disabilities
- Creates better preventative care
- Candidates must be aged 19 years or over as of the 31st of August 2020
- Candidates must have lived within the EU for the last 3 years or more
- Candidates must currently reside in England
All the distance learning courses are accredited by NCFE/CACHE or TQUK and are nationally recognised.