Understanding Specific Learning Difficulties Level 2
Having a learning difficulty means that people find it harder to learn certain skills. As this affects around 15% of people, it is important for those working in healthcare, social care and education to have knowledge of different learning difficulties. The purpose of this qualification is to equip learners with knowledge of a range of specific learning difficulties, such as ADHD, dyslexia and dyscalculia. The course is aimed at learners looking to improve their understanding and awareness of the below key topics, especially those working in healthcare, social care and education.
Please note this course is currently only available in Yorkshire & Humber.
Digital or Paper-based
6 to 12 Weeks
NCFE / CACHE
- The characteristics of ADHD, ADD, dyslexia and dyscalculia
- How specific learning difficulties can affect children and adults in different ways
- The importance of early diagnosis
- The various assessment methods available to diagnose specific learning difficulties
- How individuals can be supported to gain, start and continue with study and employment