Principles of the Prevention and Control of Infection Level 2
Few things are more important in healthcare settings than stringent infection prevention and control measures. Poor hygiene and cleanliness procedures can have serious ramifications for patients, staff, and organisations alike. As such, it’s crucial that all staff within a healthcare environment understand their role in relation to infection prevention and control.
This course looks at the meaning and importance of infection control, as well as the causes of infections and the conditions in which they thrive and spread. It also outlines the methods used to prevent and control the spread of infection.
Digital or Paper-based
6 to 12 Weeks
NCFE / CACHE / TQUK
- Understand the purpose and principles of infection control and the procedures
- Understand how regulations inform policy and practice
- Understand roles, responsibilities, principles, and processes in relation to cleaning, decontamination, and waste management
- Understand the role of risk assessments
- Learn the importance of maintaining a clean environment
- Learn the sterilisation process
- Learn how to safely handle laundry
- Learn how to safely handle sharps