Principles of the Prevention and Control of Infection Level 2
Few things are more important in healthcare settings than stringent infection prevention and control measures. Poor hygiene and cleanliness procedures can have serious ramifications for patients, staff and organisations alike. As such, it’s crucial that all staff within a healthcare environment understand their role in relation to infection prevention and control.
This course looks at the meaning and importance of infection control, as well as the causes of infections and the conditions in which they thrive and spread. It also outlines the methods used to prevent and control the spread of infection.
Available in England Only
Please note: If you live in West Midlands or Liverpool. We currently do not have funding for your area.
Digital or Paper-based
6 to 12 Weeks
NCFE / CACHE / TQUK
- Understand the purpose and principles of infection control and the procedures
- Understand how regulations inform policy and practice
- Understand roles, responsibilities, principles and processes in relation to cleaning, decontamination and waste management
- Understand the role of risk assessments
- Learn the importance of maintaining a clean environment
- Learn the sterilisation process
- Learn how to safely handle laundry
- Learn how to safely handle sharps
- Candidates must be aged 19 years or over as of the 31st of August 2020
- Candidates must have lived within the EU for the last 3 years or more
- Candidates must currently reside in England
All the distance learning courses are accredited by NCFE/CACHE or TQUK and are nationally recognised.