Understanding Nutrition and Health Level 2
Obesity has become a significant public health problem in the UK. A quarter of children leaving school are now classed as overweight. In addition, one in four adults is now considered obese and current trends suggest this could exceed fifty per cent by 2050. Being overweight can have a detrimental effect on the self-esteem and mental health of individuals, and also increases the risk of developing a range of serious diseases, which can shorten life expectancy. Health problems associated with obesity are placing enormous pressure on the NHS, costing more than £5billion every year.
This qualification is ideal for a wide range of learners who are interested in improving their understanding of nutrition and healthy eating. It will be particularly relevant for those working or intending to work, in settings such as sport and recreation, exercise and fitness, hospitality and catering or health care, providing specific skills and knowledge to support their role in the workplace.
Available in England Only
Please note: If you live in West Midlands or Liverpool. We currently do not have funding for your area.
Digital or Paper-based
6 to 12 Weeks
NCFE / CACHE / TQUK
- Explore the principles of healthy eating
- Consider the nutritional needs of a variety of individuals
- Use food and nutrition information to plan a healthy diet
- The principles of weight management
- Understanding eating disorders
- Candidates must be aged 19 years or over as of the 31st of August 2020
- Candidates must have lived within the EU for the last 3 years or more
- Candidates must currently reside in England
All the distance learning courses are accredited by NCFE/CACHE or TQUK and are nationally recognised.