Principles of Dementia Care Level 2
There are approximately 850,000 people in the UK who have some form of dementia, with numbers expected to rise above one million by 2025. This course is ideal for anyone who wishes to improve their knowledge and understanding of the condition.
The programme aims to provide candidates with an understanding of the common types of dementia and their causes. It will help learners to develop an awareness of how the actions of others can affect individuals with dementia and provides candidates with an appreciation of a person-centred approach to dementia care and support. It will be invaluable to anyone who supports a client, friend or family member who has dementia.
Digital or Paper-based
6 to 12 Weeks
NCFE / CACHE
- Understand the different forms of dementia
- Learn how to support individuals through person-centred care
- Develop knowledge and understanding of care
- Learn positive communication methods
- Learn issues around the use of medication