Common Health Conditions Level 2
This course is designed to raise the candidate’s awareness of some of the most common health conditions among older people in the UK. They will explore arthritis, stroke, dementia, Parkinson’s disease, and sensory loss (both hearing and visual impairments).
Candidates will examine the signs, symptoms, risk factors and treatment options for each one. They will also look at a range of strategies – some of which they can put into practice themselves – that can help to improve the quality of life of someone living with one or a number of these conditions. It has relevance to all types of health-care settings, including care homes, hospitals and domiciliary care.
Available in England Only
Please note: If you live in West Midlands or Liverpool. We currently do not have funding for your area.
Digital or Paper-based
6 to 12 Weeks
NCFE / CACHE / TQUK
- Understand How to Contribute to Monitoring the Health of Individuals Affected by Health Conditions
- Introductory Awareness of Sensory Loss
- Stroke Awareness
- Dementia Awareness
- Arthritis Awareness
- Parkinson’s Disease Awareness
- Candidates must be aged 19 years or over as of the 31st of August 2020
- Candidates must have lived within the EU for the last 3 years or more
- Candidates must currently reside in England
All the distance learning courses are accredited by NCFE/CACHE or TQUK and are nationally recognised.