Allergy Awareness for those Working with Children Level 2
The qualification is suitable for a wide range of learners who wish to develop their knowledge and understanding of allergy awareness. It is designed for those who wish to understand allergies, the causes of allergies, and what to do in case of an allergic reaction.
Available throughout England: Please note if you live in the West Midlands, Liverpool, or the Greater Manchester area, we can’t currently match you to a funded course.
Digital or Paper-based
8 to 12 Weeks
NCFE / CACHE / TQUK
Unit 1: Allergens, allergies and intolerances.
- Section 1: Understand food allergens, allergies and intolerances.
- Section 2: Know the methods for allergy diagnosis and treatment.
- Section 3: Know the methods for intolerance diagnosis and treatment.
Unit 1 Summary:
In this unit, you will learn the background knowledge behind allergies, allergens and intolerances. They will also gain an understanding of how allergies and intolerances are diagnosed and treated.
Unit 2: Food labelling and packaging.
- Section 1: Understand the importance of food labelling.
- Section 2: Understand the regulations for food labelling.
- Section 3: Understand packaging regulations.
Unit 2 Summary:
In Unit 2, you will look at the different types of food labels and why they are so important in keeping those with allergies safe. You will then come to understand the regulations surrounding food labelling and be able to recognise when a label is incorrect.
Unit 3: Allergy awareness for those working with children.
- Section 1: Know the signs and effects of allergic reactions.
- Section 2: Understand how to reduce the risk of an allergic reaction.
Unit 3 Summary:
Unit 3 is an optional unit and all the information is focussed upon children. they will learn how to recognise the signs and symptoms of allergic reactions on different body parts and how to perform first aid on those who have experienced a severe reaction. Learners will then look at what can be done in order to reduce the risk in terms of medication, avoidance and medical ID jewellery.