Certificate in IT User Skills Level 2
This course aims to develop your employee’s knowledge, understanding and competence in a range of different IT areas. This course is ideal for those who work with IT within their current job role and for those who are familiar with using a computer and the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint). To complete this course your employee’s will need access to a computer and a basic level of IT knowledge. It would also be of benefit to have some level of confidence in producing documents in Word, PowerPoint and Excel (as employees will need to do this as part of their assessment).
Available throughout England: Please note if you live in the West Midlands, Liverpool, Greater Manchester, or the Greater London area, we can’t currently match you to a funded course.
Digital or Paper-based
6 to 12 Weeks
NCFE / CACHE / TQUK
Unit 1: Using IT to increase productivity
- Section 1: Be able to plan and select which IT tools and systems are best suited to completion of an identified task
- Section 2: Be able to identify any restrictions or constraints that may affect how a task can be completed using IT tools and systems
- Section 3: Be able to use IT tools and systems to complete an identified task
- Section 4: Be able to review approach to using IT tools and systems
- Section 5: Be able to adapt their approach as a result of their experiences using IT tools and systems to complete a task.
Unit 2: IT software fundamentals
- Section 1: Select and use appropriate software applications to meet needs and solve problems
- Section 2: Enter, develop, combine and format different types of information to suit its meaning and purpose
- Section 3: Present information in ways that are fit for purpose and audience
- Section 4: Evaluate the selection and use of IT tools and facilities to present information.
Unit 3: IT security for users
- Section 1: Use appropriate methods to minimise security risks to IT systems and data.
Unit 4: Presentation software
- Section 1: Input and combine text and other information within presentation slides
- Section 2: Use presentation software tools to structure, edit and format slide sequences
- Section 3: Prepare slideshow for presentation.
Unit 5: Spreadsheet software
- Section 1: Use a spreadsheet to enter, edit and organise numerical and other data
- Section 2: Select and use appropriate formulas and data analysis tools to meet requirements
- Section 3: Select and use tools and techniques to present and format spreadsheet information.